NINO “ELVIS” SCHEMBRI
HEAD JIU-JITSU INSTRUCTOR
Nino “Elvis” Schembri is considered one of the most technical practitioners of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu in the history of the sport, holding the titles of the “Most Technical Competitor in ADCC 2001”, five times “Brazilian National Champion”, twice “Pan-American Champion” and twice “World Champion”. His BJJ training started at age of 5 years old, at 13 Nino was training elite and finally was promoted to the acclaimed rank of black belt at age of 20, under master Carlos Gracie. A successful path requires the right mentors.
We are proud of providing our students with a clean, safe and hygienic training environment. This includes a mat space of over 2,000 square feet with multiple restrooms and changing rooms for both women and men. Parents, spectators, and potential students are welcome to watch classes at any time in designated seating areas both in front and back of the academy.
Our new yoga studio Kyoga was sustainably built to attend all ages and fitness levels, with two Great Yoga Walls and other props to support your practice with all safety and fun.
An exclusive Kyoga’s website is coming for detailed information about the yoga classes. Stay tuned!
CODE OF CONDUCT
Attitude & Etiquette
1. All students must display a professional and positive attitude at all times.
2. All students must bow before entering the mat space and when exiting the mat space.
3. Do not leave the mat area without permission from the Professor or Coach.
4. If you are late, wait outside the mat until the professor gives you permission to join.
5. When the instructor is showing a position or teaching, please refrain from talking to other students during that time.
6. You must always wear a shirt or rash guard inside the academy. If you need to change, please use the locker room.
7. Please refrain from belching loudly when in the studio if it can be helped.
Cleanliness & Hygiene
1. All students must show a high degree of personal hygiene.
2. Every uniform needs to be washed and dried after every training session. A dirty uniform is a sign of disrespect.
3. All students should wash up and shower as quickly as possible following every training session.
4. All uniforms should be without rips or tears.
5. No shoes, food, or drinks of any kind on the mat areas.
6. Always wear shoes or slippers when off the mats, especially in the restrooms and outdoors.
7. Walking outside of the academy without shoes is not permitted for students attending classes.
8. Bags should be kept either in vehicles or in the locker room, not on the benches around the training area.
9. Fingernails and toenails must trimmed at all times when training.
1. All Nino Schembri Brazilian Jiu Jitsu team members and students are encouraged to wear a Nino Schembri Gi or Nino Schembri patch on the gi.
2. Absolutely no other school / affiliation patches may be worn for training.
3. All students must wear a T-shirt or rashguard under their gi.
Thank you for your cooperation!